Port at a Glance
The Oshawa Port Authority was established by Letters Patent issued on January 25th, 2012 pursuant to the Canada Marine Act. The OPA operates the Port of Oshawa and manages the associated harbour lands that are owned by the Crown.
The Oshawa Port Authority has a mandate to ensure the port is fully utilized, that it is economically viable, and generates economic benefits for the city, region, and country. The OPA is financially self sufficient, operates as a commercial enterprise, and derives all revenue from port activities. The Board of Director governs the port. Members of the board have diverse backgrounds, and make independent decisions based on business plans, capital spending, and the port’s mandate to support economic growth and competitiveness.
President/CEO and Harbourmaster
1621 Simcoe Street South
Canada L1H 8J7
Phone: (905) 576-0400
Fax: (905) 576-5701